The biggest concern of all the mothers – to make a combo of taste with health and how to prepare these healthy snacks for kids? We have brought 15 healthy and easy snacks for kids.
These quick recipes of healthy snacks for kids will help you to sail through the storm time of hunger. We can try to make vegetables and fruits kid-friendly.
Quick and Healthy Snacks for Kids
1. Pizza Toast Bread
It is a very good idea for snacks for kids at school. It is a substitute for pizza with some extra vegetables. You can also prepare this as a snack for kids’ party.
- Ingredients: 2 slices of bread, ¼ cup of onion, ½ cup tomato, ½ cup green, red and yellow bell peppers, grated cheese, tomato ketchup, salt, and pepper.
- Process: Mix onion, bell peppers, tomatoes and a little of grated cheese in a bowl. Apply the ketchup on one side of the bread and place it on a frying pan at the low sim. Apply the mixture evenly on the slices and sprinkle salt and pepper for taste. Then sprinkle the remaining cheese and cover the pan with a lid. Cook till the cheese melt and serve hot.
2. Choco-Banana Milk Shake
Children love chocolate, but they often run away from fruits. By this wonderful milkshake recipe, you will be able to feed them fruits with their favorite flavor.
- Ingredients: ½ glass milk, 1 bowl chopped frozen banana, 4 tbsp. Choco syrup, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 2 spoon vanilla ice cream, 1 tbsp. Sugar.
- Process: Pour all the ingredients other than milk and ice cream in a mixer grinder and mix it well using a mixer. Then pour the milk and ice cream in it and mix it again. Pour it in a glass, sprinkle cocoa powder for garnishing and serve (you can pour ice cubes too if needed). This can be a change in place of snacks for kids.
3. Chicken Omelette
Preparing snacks for kids is often a headache. The chicken omelette is great evening snacks for kids.
- Ingredients: finely chopped boiled boneless chicken, 2 eggs, ¼ cup each of finely chopped onion, bell pepper and tomatoes, salt and oil for frying.
- Process: Add the chicken, vegetables, and salt in a big bowl and mix properly. Now add the eggs in it and whisk till the egg mix evenly with the vegetables. Heat the pan and add a little bit of oil in it. When the oil is hot, add the batter and fry till it becomes crispy. These snacks for kids are quick and healthy.
[Read 10 Healthy Corn Recipes]
4. Millets Porridge
It is often advised by doctors to give light food to children for breakfast. It is very healthy food for kids.
- Ingredients: 1 cup of soaked millets, water/milk, salt, and jaggery.
- Process: clean the millets thoroughly and soak it in water for 30 minutes. Powder in a mixer and sieve to remove the coarse particles. Boil water, add the millet powder and stir continuously to avoid the formation of lumps. Add salt and jaggery for taste then simmer till it is cooked. It is one of the healthy snacks for kids.
5. Banana Pancake
Banana pancake is very healthy and very easy to make food. You can give these snacks for kids both in their school tiffin or in the evening.
- Ingredients: 1 medium-sized mashed banana, 2 eggs, a pinch of salt, I tsp vanilla extract, ½ tsp cinnamon powder.
- Process: whisk the egg in a bowl and add the mashed banana to it. After mixing it properly, add the salt, vanilla extract and cinnamon powder to it and mix it again. Prepare a pan to medium heat and grease it with butter. Pour the batter on the pan and fry till it turns golden brown, flip the pancake and repeat the process. Serve hot. The sweet and healthy snacks for kids.
Upma contains many vegetables and very little oil, making it very healthy snacks for children.
- Ingredients: Roasted suji 1 bowl, ¼ cup Chana dal, chopped onion, potato, carrot, beans, tomato, white oil, 1tsp mustard seed, 8-10 curry leaves, salt to taste.
- Process: heat oil in a pan and fry the mustard seeds until it stops popping. Then add the dal and vegetables one by one and sauté till it turns golden brown. Add the suji and pour 2 bowls of water in it along with the required salt and cook till the entire water evaporates. Serve hot. These are light snacks for kids.
[Read Best Weight Gain Foods]
7. Cornflakes Chat
Indians are born foody, be it a child or an adult. These tasty and spicy snacks for Indian kids will win the heart of your child.
- Ingredients: ½ bowl of cornflakes, 1 medium size boiled potato, onion, and tomato finely chopped, a tsp of mustard/olive oil, chopped coriander leaves, 1 tsp lime juice, salt, black pepper, and roasted cumin powder
- Process: add all the ingredients except the coriander leaves in a mixing bowl and mix properly. Divide the chats in small bowls and sprinkle some crushed cornflakes and coriander leaves in it and serve. These quick and healthy snacks for kids are yummy too.
8. Peanut Butter Fox Toast
The shape of this fox toast will attract your child’s attention. Children love new things and these beautiful and cute looking foxes will surely make them hungrier.
- Ingredients: two slices of bread, peanut butter, banana, and blackberries.
- Process: heat the slices until it becomes hard and brown. Apply the peanut butter on the slices and use the berries to make the nose and eyes of the fox and banana to make the ears. These artistic snacks for kids take no time and loved too.
9. Carrot Halwa
Many children love to eat sweets at the time of healthy snacks. We don’t know what the shopkeepers use to prepare sweets, whether it is safe for our children or not, so it is always better to prepare these sweet snacks for kids at home.
- Ingredients: 2 cups of grated and boiled carrot, 2 small cardamoms, 3-4 cashews, 8-10 raisins, 2 tbsp ghee, 2 tbsp of the milkmaid, and sugar for sweetness.
- Process: heat the ghee and sauté the cardamoms in it. Add carrot, sugar, and milkmaid in it and stir till the mixture becomes sticky. Add the cashew and raisins in it and let it cool. Halwas are the most favorite snacks for kids.
[Read 10 Breakfast Recipe for Kids]
10. Oats Idli
- Ingredients: 1 bowl oats, ¼ cup Chana dal, ½ bowl curd, chopped coriander and carrot, oil, salt to taste.
- Process: In a pan, fry the mustard seeds. Add the dal after the popping stops and saute. Now mix the oats, curd, vegetables, salt, and the fried dal and make a thick batter. Pour the batter in idli maker and steam till the idlis are cooked. Serve these snacks for kids with chutney.
11. Egg Veggies Pancake
- Ingredients: 2 eggs, grated cheese, ¼ cup each of finely chopped onion, bell pepper, carrot, beans, tomatoes and coriander leaves, 2 tbsp. Flour (Maida), salt and oil for frying.
- Process: add all the vegetables, salt and flour in a big bowl and add a little bit of water to it to make a thick batter. Add the eggs and cheese and whisk till there are no more lumps. Heat the pan and add a little bit of oil in it. When the oil is hot, add the batter and cook till it turns golden brown.
12. Cheese Sandwich
The easiest snacks for kids that you can make, it takes very less time for preparation and is healthy at the same time.
- Ingredients: two slices of bread, sliced cucumber, onion, tomato, cheese slices, salt, black pepper, butter.
- Process: grease the slices with butter and heat it on a pan till it becomes crisp. Place the cheese on the bread then top it up with cucumber, onion, and tomato, sprinkle the pepper and salt. Then place the other bread. Cut the sandwich into two diagonally and serve.
13. Fruit Salad
The fruit is very essential in a child’s diet. You can prepare the fruit salad; the most healthy snacks for children.
- Ingredients: ¼ cup each of apple, pineapple, banana, papaya, pomegranate, cucumber, watermelons or any other fruit of your choice, fresh cream, a pinch of black salt, black pepper, and lime juice.
- Process: add all the fruits in a bowl and mix well. Then add the lime juice, a pinch of black salt and black pepper powder in it and again mix properly. While serving, pour the fresh cream from above. If your child has a sweet tooth, you can add a little bit of honey to it.
14. Millet Khichdi
Millet khichdi is a good substitute for rice khichdi. Nowadays, doctors advise to remove rice from a child’s diet and add millets in its place to cook healthy snacks for kids.
- Ingredients: millets and pulse 1 bowl together, 1 bowl of any vegetable of your choice, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tbsp. ghee, cumin seed, salt, and water.
- Process: soak millets and pulses in water for about an hour, drain and set aside. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add cumin seeds and add ginger garlic paste to it. Sauté for some time. In a separate pan, fry all the vegetables that you want. Now add the fried vegetables, millets and pulses, water, and salt to the pressure cooker and cook for 3-4 whistles. Serve hot. These healthy snacks for kids are filling too.
15. Fruit Popsicles
Ice-cream is something which is liked by all, especially children. Why not make this healthy for them? With this wonderful fruit popsicle idea, you can surprise your children and also their friends.
- Ingredients: 4 cups coconut water, 6 strawberries, 2 kiwis, 8-10 black grapes, 4 slices pineapples
- Process: dice the fruits into small pieces and add them equally into the molds. Fill the remaining container with coconut water and refrigerate it till it solidifies. If you don’t want to use coconut water, you can add flavored water.
[Read 16 Good Habits for Kids]
Hope you liked these healthy snacks for kids! Let us know in the comments section below your favorite recipe.