Nappies for newborns are one of the basic necessities which you need to prepare for the birth of the baby. It could be disposable or reusable nappies. Both have its pros and cons. Where disposable nappies are bit expensive, reusable nappies require frequent washing which consumes detergents, water, electricity, and energy. Read a beginner’s guide for baby nappies.
Also Read: Guide for Nappy Hygiene and Nappy Rashes
Guide for Baby Nappies you could choose from:
- Disposable nappies make it simple to change, they are easy to put on and easy to discard when wet or soiled.
- It keeps the baby clean and dry which is best from the viewpoint of health and wellbeing of the baby.
- These are extremely simple to use and fits well.
- While traveling, disposables are the best option to avoid carrying wet, smelly nappies back home to be washed.
- Disposable nappies should never be flushed down the lavatory. Instead, put the soiled nappy in a plastic bag, tie it firmly at the neck and place in the bin. These days ‘nappy bins’ are available which compresses, seals, and stores the dirty nappy in a hygienic way without the smell. You can later empty it in the outdoor dustbin after a few days.
- At first, reusable nappies are a bit expensive than disposable nappies. These can turn out cheaper in the long run.
- Fabric nappies involve much more work of washing, rinsing, sterilizing and drying before reuse.
- To ensure that you have enough clean nappies, you need to have at least 24 nappies.
- While buying fabric nappy, choose the best newborn nappies fabric which can be used for a long time. Good quality nappy will last longer, they’ll also be more comfortable and more absorbent.
- Toweling squares are very absorbent and can be folded in various ways according to the size and needs of your baby.
- Being more absorbent, this baby nappy cloth is good to use at night.
- For this, you also need to have at least 6 pairs of plastic pants and 12 nappy pins.
Also Read: Home Remedies for Constipation in Babies
- Now comes the shaped fabric ones which are made up of finer and softer material with a triple-layered central panel for more absorbency.
- Shaped nappies fit more neatly than toweling squares.
- Fabric nappies come with Velcro fastener and elasticated legs.
- These are lined with several layers of absorbent fabric and an anti-leak outer layer.
- Nappy liners are used with the reusable nappies.
- Buy the ones which remain dry next to the skin, lets urine pass through, which minimizes the risk of a sore bottom.
- Liners can be lifted out and washed or flushed away if biodegradable. It prevents the nappy from getting badly soiled.
Girls’ and Boys’ Nappies
- Girls tend to wet the nappy at the center or if lying down then towards the back. Nappies for girls also come with the frilly pants to cover which looks pretty under a dress.
- Boys tend to wet the front of the nappy so boys’ nappy is designed accordingly with extra nappy pads at the front.
Also Read: Best Baby Oil for Massage
So, choose the best baby nappy for your little one which provides comfort, hygiene, and health according to this guide for baby nappies.
Hope you liked our guide for baby nappies? Please share your guide for baby nappies and experience with us in the comments section below.
Also Read: Home Remedies for Cold and Cough
Wish you a very Happy and Comfortable Parenting!