All of us are concerned about our physical health in which oral health plays a very important role. It is not only restricted to the basic brushing and flossing techniques but much more than that. We can keep our teeth clean with the following techniques.
8 Best Ways to keep our teeth clean:
1. Proper Brushing Technique
- The bristles of the toothbrush should be sharply pointed towards the gums, such that it makes a round momentum of the tooth.
- The bristles should lie half on the gums and half on the tooth.
- That brush should cover two to three teeth at a time.
- Both facial (facing cheek) and lingual (facing tongue) surfaces of teeth should be brushed properly.
- This brushing technique removes plaque from deposited areas and keeps our teeth clean.
- It is also recommended in cases of gum infection and root canal infection to prevent abrasion.
- Start with a Nylon or PTFE thread, called floss to keep your teeth clean.
- Wrap most of the floss thread around each middle finger. Leave a small portion that will work onto the teeth.
- Hold the floss in between thumb and index finger and slide it gently up and down between your teeth.
- Gently ease the floss around the base of each tooth, such that it goes beneath the gum line. Please don’t force it as it may tend to cut the delicate tissue of the gums.
- Use a clean section of floss thread as you shift from tooth to tooth.
- To remove the floss, use the same back-and-forth motion to bring the floss up and move it from the teeth.
3. Making Dietary Changes
- Dietary modification can be beneficial for the overall condition of teeth and oral health.
- Decay happens when bacteria in plaque are caused due to the eating of sugar that converts into acid. Thus, if you consume excessive sugar-filled sodas, sweetened fruit drinks, or non-nutritious snacks, you could be at risk for tooth decay.
- Acidic foods and beverages can cause dental erosion, i.e. the gradual infection of the tooth enamel.
4. Get a Professional Teeth Cleaning
- Even after proper brushing and flossing, professional teeth cleaning is required to remove tartar, i.e. hard plaque.
- Professional teeth cleaning may include teeth scaling and tooth polishing.
- An ultrasonic scaler is used for scaling. Vibration frequencies in the range of 25 000–42 000 Hz can efficiently remove the tartar.
- You can get an appointment at the Dentist near you for Professional Teeth Cleaning.
5. Teeth Cleaning with Natural Ingredients
Following agents can treat gum inflammation to an extent:
- An acidic add-on like baking soda makes it easy to keep the teeth clean and bacteria-free.
- Apple Cider Vinegar an acidic element can kill off the bacteria.
6. Avoid Known Stain Causers
Stains can occur when pigmented residue from food or drink, a build-up in the film of protein that otherwise covers the teeth enamel.
Extrinsic teeth staining caused by tobacco, tea, coffee, etc. Thus, avoid these stain causers to prevent the staining of teeth.
7. Take Good Care of Your Gums
Practicing good oral hygiene is a priority in taking care of gums. Brushing and flossing daily, especially after meals, regular dental checkups and teeth cleaning at a dentist near you, use of mouthwash, and avoiding oral habits like tobacco chewing or smoking can help to maintain healthy gums.
8. Brush with Baking Soda
Mix one teaspoon of baking soda and a half teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide such that the mixture turns into a toothpaste-like consistency. Use the combination to brush your teeth. Let it sit on your teeth for one minute or two before rinsing it off with water.
Baking Soda is the common name for Sodium Bicarbonate. It is mild that can remove surface stains from teeth. However, frequent use of baking soda can have side effects like damage to the enamel.
Dr.Ankita Gada is a dental director allianced with SabkaDentist. She is a highly skilled dental Surgeon and Implantologist with an experience of more than 10 years. She Pursued her BDS degree from Nair Hospital Dental College, Mumbai, and completed her PGDBA, Marketing from Symbiosis University, Pune.
She is a highly- skilled dentist in implants and planning full mouth rehabilitation cases. Dr. is well versed with all the advanced technology and materials of dentistry that allows her to keep up with the constant changes in the field of modern dentistry.