Every year, when the back-to-school season arrives, parents face the same dilemma: what to prepare for children’s lunch? You want to send them healthy foods, but most pre-packaged products are high in calories, fats, sugars, and artificial ingredients. But with a kids tiffin ideas, you can send your children to school every day with a tasty and healthy lunch that they will enjoy. Here are a few lunch box recipes for kids.
The lunchbox should contain foods from all nutritional groups: carbohydrates, fats, proteins, fruits, and vegetables. An example of the best lunch ideas for kids would be a sandwich of whole wheat bread with shredded chicken and vegetables. It contains the nutrients of all the groups. Not sure what to put in your child’s lunchbox? Stop distressing and get the best lunch box recipes for kids.
[Read 10 Healthy Corn Recipes]
Here are the Best Lunch Box Recipes for Kids
1. Banana and Nut Muffins
With a few bananas and some nuts, we can prepare this exquisite snacks. A very healthy homemade lunch box recipes for kids to start the day stronger and more lively. Banana cake with cinnamon and sugar. It is one of the best tiffin box recipes for school Indian.
- Melt the butter a little, since we need it to be mixed well afterward. Sift the flour to remove the lumps. And also peel the bananas and chop them into small pieces.
- Then mix the butter with the sugar to form a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Next, we add the milk, eggs, cinnamon powder, and the essence of vanilla. Beat again to mix. And then add the flour and yeast, while stirring in the meantime. You have to add it little by little and not suddenly so that it mixes well with the other ingredients, and there are no lumps left in the end.
- In the end, we add banana pieces and beat a little more to mix them well throughout the dough. With the dough ready, fill the molds over half of them, always leaving at least a third part empty so they can rise without overflowing, and place it in the oven when it is at 200 ° C.
2. Boiled Eggs
Hard-boiled eggs are a great start to lunch and the best lunch box recipes for kids. Lunch Pack:
- 1 or 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 whole wheat muffin or several entire wheat crackers
- 1/2 cup strawberries or other fruit
- 1 cheese stick or 2-3 pieces of cheese
- 1/2 cup carrot sticks with hummus or low-fat Ranch dressing.
This is one of the healthy lunch box recipes for kids, which is easy to prepare on those days when you feel pressured by time.
[Read Best Weight Gain Foods]
3. Apple Sandwich
To make sliced apple sandwiches, follow these simple instructions for this Lunch Box Recipes for Kids:
- Soak four thick slices of apple in apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
- Spread natural almond butter or other nut butter on an apple slice.
- Cover with raisins or granola.
- Place another slice on top to form a sandwich.
- Repeat the process for a second sandwich.
Serve with cheese sticks, celery sticks with a little extra nut butter to accompany, and whole-grain cookies. It is one of the healthy lunch box recipes for kids.
4. Cucumber Sandwiches
This sandwich lunch box recipes for kids is a great way to get kids to eat vegetables.
- Cut a peeled or unpeeled cucumber, medium size in half; then slice each half lengthwise.
- Cover one-half cucumber with one tablespoon of low-fat cream cheese or hung curd and one slice of cheese.
- Cover with the other half of the cucumber.
- Repeat to create two sandwiches in tiffin recipes for kids.
For smaller appetites, cut each sandwich in half. Add a handful of baked tortilla chips or 1 cup of popcorn and 1/2 cup of fresh fruit or natural apple compote.
[Read 10 Breakfast Recipe for Kids]
5. Peanut Butter, Honey and Banana Sandwich
If your child loves peanut butter, this sandwich lunch box recipes for kids will take him to the next level.
- Separate two slices of whole-grain bread or tortilla or a rice pancake and spread with natural peanut butter.
- Cover 1 slice with organic honey and several slices of banana.
- Sprinkle with raisins.
Serve with low-fat yogurt or cheese stick and sliced carrots and celery sticks with low-fat dressing to dip.
6. Healthy Pizza
Ask any child what their favorite food is, and many will answer that pizza. Send your child to school with the ingredients to make a mini-pizza the best lunch box recipes for kids.
- Cut two 4-inch circles of whole-grain pitas.
- Pack with about two tablespoons of diced onion and tomatoes.
- Include all the seasonal boiled vegetables and shredded cheese.
If your child likes vegetables, you can also include chopped mushrooms or peppers in this lunch box recipes for kids. Add carrot sticks with hummus or low-fat dressing and 1/2 cup of fresh fruit.
7. Apricot Jam Cupcakes
Apricot is a food rich in vitamins but also in natural sugars, offering the high body levels of calories. It is recommended to consume an apricot daily before any meal. So below, we present a delicious lunch box recipes for kids with this exquisite fruit.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease trays of cupcakes with a little melted butter.
- Melt the butter in the microwave at low temperatures. Meanwhile, beat the jam in a bowl until smooth.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and milk. Add the butter and beat a little more. Mix everything well until obtaining a homogeneous mixture without lumps.
- Place the dough in the molds and bake for approximately 18 minutes, or until pricked with a stick and it comes out clean. Let it cool completely on a rack.
8. Quick Yogurt Muffins for Kids
Homemade muffin lunch box recipes for kids – add a special value to children’s snacks. A homemade children’s recipe helps us better control our children’s diet, choosing healthier ingredients.
This lunch box recipes for kids is a perfect dessert for children.
Ingredients for the yogurt muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup berries, or chopped fruit
Preparation of yogurt muffins lunch box recipes for kids:
- Beat the egg together with the yogurt.
- Add the sunflower oil, then the sugar, and salt. Finally the flour and baking powder together.
- Fold in the berries.
- Distribute in dough cupcakes and bake at 180º for 18 minutes.
- After 18 minutes take it out from the oven.
- Let it cool down and it is ready to eat.
9. Quinoa cookies with chocolate. Sweet recipes for children
The combination of quinoa and chocolate is delicious and very tasty for children. This lunch box recipe for kids is made without eggs.
Ingredient for the Quinoa cookies with chocolate
- 1 Cup Quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 0.3 Cup Oil
- 1.25 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
How to make chocolate quinoa cookies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C). Prepare the mold (grease it with oil or use baking paper).
- Mix all dry ingredients with a hand mixer in this lunch box recipe.
- Mix coconut oil with vanilla extract. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture, stirring well.
- Add the quinoa flakes little by little. If the dough is very dry and thick, add the water a little (the necessary amount).
- Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
- With a spoon, put balls of dough in the mold. Crush the balls with the help of a wet spoon and give them the shape of cookies.
- Bake until cookies are hard and golden.
- Cool and eat!
10. Pineapple stuffed with fruits and yogurt
This lunch box recipes for kids is delicious and not at all complicated.
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free lemonade drink powder mix
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 kiwi
- Quinoa pops for serving
- Start this lunch box recipes for kids by thoroughly washing off all the fruits, and then drain.
- This easy tiffin recipe begins with the cutting of pineapple and put it aside.
- Combine lemonade powder and yogurt in a medium bowl.
- Add all fruits and stir until well-combined.
- Sprinkle quinoa pops on top.
- Refrigerate and now this recipes for lunch box Indian is ready to eat
To get more lunch box recipes for kids, to take the help of your elders or the internet is also a good option for it.
Lunch boxes usually contain snacks that complement the three main meals; the problem is that many times these snacks are made up of processed foods filled with sugar, preservatives and saturated fats, which are lacking in nutritional intake and can be detrimental to the health of children.
So if you want to keep your kids healthy, you must follow above lunch box recipes for kids, which help to make healthy and tasty food for your kids. You get a huge number of lunch box recipes for kids on the internet. Also, you can take the help of your elders about lunch box recipes Indian for your kids.