Corns are a portion of delicious food which can be served using a number of corn recipes for babies. Their sweetness, shiny yellow, and lots of protein make them a fabulous meal. This could lead you to bring maize soon in life to your kid.
Here, we are going to discuss some corn recipes for babies and kids that you can easily prepare at home. You will find some of the sweet corn recipes for babies, corn recipes for breakfast, corn recipes Indian, corn recipes for kids.
Why should parents use corn recipes for babies?
Benefits of corn recipes for babies
1. Corn recipes for babies will help in weight gain
Approximately 100gm maize has 350 calories. Maize may help your child maintain healthy body weight. This vegetable can also be administered to a child after you totally stop breastfeeding.
2. Corn recipes for babies will help in growth and development
Niacin increases the metabolism, in particular sugars, proteins, and fatty acids, and folate enables fresh
cell growth. Thiamin promotes nervousness and growth of the brain.
3. Muscle and nerve function is increased by corn recipes for babies
Maize includes phosphorus, iron, potassium, and magnesium. Phosphorus promotes bone health for
muscle and nerve function, potassium and magnesium are essential. Iron enhances the growth of the
4. Corn recipes for babies improve their digestion
Corn is a nice laxative due to its presence of fiber. A few maize products like maize seed and maize flour
might resolve the issue if your child has frequent constriction.
Corn seeds are natural laxatives that are suitable for constipation alleviation. Add a few corn recipes for babies in their meals.
Also Read: Home Remedies for Constipation in Babies
Now, let’s have a look at the corn recipes for babies.
10 Corn Recipes for Babies and Kids
Listed down are some of the corn recipes for babies.
- sweet corn
- A teaspoon of water, breast milk or formula.
1. Get the kernels off the cob.
2. Put the kernels in boiling water and let them cook until they are soft.
3. Make a puree by blending the kernels with a little water or milk.
2. Corn porridge
Corn porridge is one of the healthiest corn recipes for babies which can be prepared by adding a little pumpkin to add to the sweetness. Let’s make one of these corn recipes for babies and treat them.
- One cup of water
- A cup of milk
- One cup puréed pumpkin
- Yellow cornmeal
- One tablespoon brown sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Add water, milk, and pumpkin in a pan.
- In another bowl, mix the cornmeal with some water. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the cornmeal paste and sugar to the pumpkin mixture, stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Add salt.
- Let it cook.
- Feed the warm corn porridge to your baby.
There are a lot of other corn recipes for breakfast that you can serve to your child. Let’s have a look at some quick corn recipes for babies and try them at home.
3. Corn fritters
Corn fritters are one of the most popular corn recipes for babies.
- A small cup of multipurpose flour
- Two-three tablespoons of milk
- Two-three tablespoons of sauce
- A cup of sweetcorn kernels
- Vegetable oil
- Mix the flour and milk to make a smooth batter.
- Add the sauce and corn kernels.
- Apply a thin layer of vegetable oil on a frying pan, and spread small portions of the batter on it.
- Press them slightly while cooking and toss them.
Also Read: How to increase immunity in kids?
4. Corn, Apple & Sweet Potato
One of the most loved sweet corn recipes for babies. This is one of the most preferred corn recipes for babies.
- Corn niblets- about 2 cups
- One apple
- One sweet potato
- Cook the corn.
- Steam until tender – apple and sweet potato
- Pour corn, apple, and sweet potato in an appliance for pureeing. You can also cut them to serve as finger food.
- Add necessary water to achieve a thin and smooth consistency.
5. Creamy Corn & Cauliflower
One of the most nutritious corn recipes for babies, this is going to make the breakfast bowl empty. This is one of the most natural corn recipes for babies.
- Corn niblets- about 2 cups
- One cauliflower – washed and chopped, use the florets
- One cup of whole milk yogurt, and
- Cook the corn using your preferred method.
- Steam the cauliflower florets until tender.
- Once veggies are cooked, allow cooling then transfer in portions to your blender/food processor and puree.
- Add yogurt and pepper as you puree until you have a creamy consistency.
Also Read: Breakfast Recipe for Kids
6. Baby Corn Masala
Introduce this healthy corn recipe for toddlers and make them enjoy their meal. This is one of the few spicy corn recipes for babies.
- Two-hundred grams of baby corn cobs
- One-fourth cup oil
- One teaspoon of cumin seeds
- A bay leaf
- One teaspoon of finely chopped ginger
- One teaspoon of finely chopped garlic
- Half a cup of onions
- One cup of tomatoes
- Two teaspoons of salt
- One-fourth teaspoon of garam masala
- Half teaspoon of powdered red pepper
- One teaspoon of powdered coriander seeds
- Heat oil and add cumin. When it pops, add bay leaf, ginger, and garlic, and mix till a light brown color is there.
- Add onions and mix till a golden brown, then add tomatoes and stir fry over medium heat.
- When fat separates, add the salt, garam masala, and the red pepper and stir till well mixed.
- Add the baby corn and mix. Serve hot.
7. Baby Corn Pakodas
Corn pakoras are an interesting corn recipe for breakfast. This is yet another one of the few fried corn recipes for babies. Make it and relish on this corn recipe Indian.
- 250 Gram Baby corn
- One tablespoon of oil
- Three tablespoons of maida
- Three tablespoons of Besan
- One teaspoon of Salt
- One teaspoon of Red chili powder
- a teaspoon of Turmeric powder
- One teaspoon of Coriander powder
- Fifty ml Soda
- Mix all the ingredients in a pan and add corn to the preparation.
- Now make small balls and add them to the hot oil and fry.
- Serve it with yummy tomato sauce.
Also Read: Best Baby Oils for Massage
8. Baby Corn Manchurian
Manchurian is a mouth-watering recipe which is loved by all kids. This is one of the most loved corn recipes for babies and kids of all age groups.
- One-fourth kilogram of baby corn-peeled and blanched
- Two eggs-slightly beaten
- A three-fourth cup of Maida
- Half teaspoon of the ginger and garlic paste
- Two tablespoons of oil
- One teaspoon of finely chopped garlic
- Half cup of finely chopped onions
- One large capsicum-chopped fine
- Mix the egg, flour, garlic and ginger paste, and enough water to have a thick batter. Coat the baby corn with this mix and leave for some time.
- Heat the oil and drop baby corns in it, one at a time and fry until they appear golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat the oil, and stir-fry garlic and onion in it on a high flame, till the onions appear shiny.
9. Corn Salad
One of the simplest and easiest corn recipes for babies that you can feed your baby on. This recipe of corn for babies is probably the most colorful one.
- Boiled Corn
- Boiled potato
- Take a vessel and pour all the ingredients together.
- Add salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Serve it to your child and let him enjoy the best corn recipe for babies.
10. Corn and butter bread
When in need of something to eat, treat your kid with this easy to do corn recipe for babies and toddlers.
- Heat the bread on a pan and apply butter on it.
- Add corn and salt to your bread slice.
- Serve it crisp with tomato ketchup.
Also Read: Home Remedies for Cold and Cough
Some of the frequently asked questions by parents
FAQ: Is it safe to give sweet corn soup to babies?
There are a lot of corn recipes for babies that you can easily make at home and give to your child. Yes, it is perfectly safe to provide sweet corn soup to babies. All you need to do is to boil the granules and add salt to it; your corn soup is ready.
FAQ: Is Corn Good for Babies?
You cannot turn it into part of his first, healthy food. Corn is secure for your child. AAP proposes that before adding maize to his diet, the child be given first-class foods such as cereals, fruits, and mashed vegetables.
If you have a maize allergy history in your family, prevent it until the child grows sufficiently to support it. Also, eczema children should not be provided maize unless your doctor agrees. Else you can make corn recipes for babies and make them enjoy this delicious meal
FAQ: When can I introduce corn to my baby?
You can introduce corn to your baby’s diet after you have added solid foods like maize and banana to his menu. Do not hurry and try giving him only 2-3 corn granules to eat, and provide more once he can digest them appropriately, without any sign of an allergy. Make delicious corn recipes for babies and give them so that they can develop the interest for the same.
FAQ: Can babies choke on corn?
Yes, babies can choke on corn if it gets stuck in their throat. Try to give boiled corn to your baby as it is soft and comfortable to swallow. Do not leave your baby alone whenever he is eating to avoid choking.
FAQ: Can babies eat corn on the cob?
No corn on the cob is not fit for babies, as, they are not well developed to eat and swallow it properly If you even think of boiling the cob and feeding it to your child then also it is not safe as they might stick it in their windpipe and then can face fatal hazards.
Parents generally do get confused about whether corn is a choking hazard for babies? Yes, it can be a choking hazard for babies and must be fed when you are around your child or else the small kernels of corn can get suck in the windpipe and cause choking in your baby.
So, now you have a list of corn recipes for babies to treat your baby with. Use these corn recipes for babies and add a plate full of health to their meal plan.
Have more corn recipes for babies to add to the list? Please share with us your favorite corn recipes for babies in the comments section below.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Insect Repellent for Kids
Wish you healthy and happy parenting!