Choosing the best healthy drinks for kids can be sometimes tricky because most of the drinks have preservatives, lack of nutrition values, and contains high sugar content.
The healthy drinks for kids should contain the proper amount of nutrition, minerals, vitamins, and should have the ability to keep them hydrated for longer hours.
Moreover, you can take along your healthy drinks anywhere and anytime in Vaya’s Stainless Steel Water Bottle.
This Insulated Water Bottle could be used both as a gulper and a sipper as it comes with a separate sipper lid and gulper lid.
7 Healthy Drinks for Kids
Some of the drinks that are healthy and kids’ favorite too are as follows:
1. Banana and almond butter
This drink has it all for the best health drink for a 6-year-old kid. It is rich in vitamin E, iron, fiber, and contains good fats that are heart-friendly. This drink contains approximately 2-3 grams of proteins. Moreover, the healthy drinks for kids must contain a high level of protein and this drink does have that.
- ½ gram of cheese
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Mix all the above ingredients properly.
- If your kid has sweet tooth then you can add honey as per the taste.
- You can make use of peanut butter that is an alternative to the almond butter.
2. Berries with pomegranate
Berries are considered as the sources of antioxidants and vitamins. Hence, this can be one of the best healthy kid drinks. The drink that has such sources is considered healthy drinks for kids.
- 1 banana
- 1-2 cups of berries, frozen
- ½ cup juice of pomegranate
- Blend the above components properly.
- Add the juice of the pomegranate and mix it well.
- To make it look delicious, add 2 to 3 berries on the top of the thick shake.
3. Coconut water and frozen mango shake
To keep children hydrated, coconut water is considered the best. And which kid doesn’t like mango! Hence, this drink is considered as the best drink for kids.
- 1 frozen mango
- Orange juice
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 2 cups of coconut water
- Blend the mango properly.
- Then add 2 to 3 tbsp of orange juice.
- Add coconut water and yogurt, mix it properly.
- Add ice cubes and the drink is ready to serve.
Moreover, healthy drinks for kids mean the drink that is appreciated by the kids and it contains nutrition content at the same time.
4. Cucumber and mint
Cucumber is the source of nutrients, hydration, and antioxidants. And mint helps to deal with indigestion problems. Kids must be kept hydrated and hence, this drink has it all and so it is considered one of the best and healthy drinks for kids.
- 1 cup of water
- Sugar as per taste
- ½ lemon
- ½ cup of cucumber
- 3-4 Mint leaves
- Take a glass, add sugar, water, and squeeze a lemon in it.
- Blend the cucumber slice and mint leaves properly.
- Mix all of the ingredients properly.
- The drink is ready to serve.
5. Papaya lassi
Papaya helps to boost immunity and improves digestion as well. It is the source of vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants. The healthy drinks for kids must have high vitamin C content and this drink is a power pack.
- 1 papaya
- Grounded Sugar as per taste
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Cut the papaya into small cubes.
- Blend the papaya nicely.
- Add the yogurt in it and mix it properly.
- To add some sweet flavor, mix grounded sugar.
- Add 2-3 ice cubes and it is ready to serve.
6. Peanut butter pinky
Peanut butter consists of high protein content. This drink is considered the most favorite among the kids. As the kids like this drink and it is also healthy drinks for kids. So, you can call it the best drink of all.
- Peanut butter
- 1 cup of strawberry
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of yogurt
- 1 banana
- 2-3 mint leaves
- Mix the peanut butter and yogurt with the blender.
- Then add the strawberry and banana with the mint leaves.
- The ingredients should be blended properly.
Hence, this is considered one of the best healthy drinks for kids which they will ask you for again and again.
7. Watermelon lemonade
Watermelon helps the body to keep hydrated for longer hours. This drink helps to keep kids hydrated and hence, proven to be the healthy drinks for kids.
- 1 cup of water
- ½ chopped watermelon cubes
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Sugar as per your taste
- ½ lemon
- Blend the watermelon nicely and then add all the ingredients.
- Mix it properly and the drink is ready to serve.
Hence, the above was the recipe for children’s health drinks to keep them hydrated and full of nutrients as well as minerals. Healthy drinks for kids is way more important as it’s the most crucial growth and development phase of one’s life.
Benefits of Healthy Drinks for Kids
Childhood is a very crucial phase as the kid is growing mentally and physically. Hence, most care should be taken in all the aspects starting from eating, drinking to studies. Let’s see the benefits of healthy drinks for kids:
- These above-mentioned drinks help to keep the body hydrated for a longer time.
- Healthy digestion is the most crucial aspect during kid’s up-growth and healthy drinks make digestion easy.
- The drink which is considered as the best healthy drink for child growth must contain important minerals and nutrients. And all of these above drinks have it all.
- Artificial sugar may be considered as toxic for the kids and so by giving the fruit drinks, you are giving them natural content of sugar.
- Moreover, building up immunity is the most crucial part of bringing up any kid. Hence, the fruits that are used in the drinks are rich in antioxidants that help in building the immunity responses.
Hence, above were the benefits of having healthy drinks for kids.
There are various drinks available in the market, but parents know what is right for their kids. Hence, the above were the recipes and benefits of healthy drinks for kids. It’s better to give the healthy drinks rather than providing them outside sugar-loaded drinks.
Have healthy and happy parenting!!