You have likely observed such white spot on face on many children’s heads and even some teenagers. They are either round or shapeless, with a smooth texture. Many triggers cause this white discoloration, but the most common source is Pityriasis Alba.
Have you seen faint white dots on the chest of your child lately? You have to wonder where this white patch face came from. Or how many places the white spot on face have emerged on your kid and how to get disposed of them?
I am referring to a disorder called Pityriasis Alba in which round or rectangular de-pigmented white spot on face generally range from 0.5 to 2 cm in diameter occur most frequently on children’s faces between the ages of 3 and 16. Around the lips, chin, throat, shoulders, or chest region, the pads can also be seen.
Also Read: How to increase immunity in kids?
This is a very prevalent issue in kids under the era of 16, which in some households creates trouble. While the white patches on skin may have many explanations, the most prevalent factors responsible for the white spot on face of your child are as follows.
Common Causes of white spots on face of child
1. Vitamin deficiency
This is a prevalent explanation of why the white spots on skin appear on many kids’ faces. We all understand it is vital to have a balanced and healthy diet and many children hesitate to consume correctly. This will lead to many shortcomings, and one of them is a vitamin deficiency.
The vitamin required for melanin manufacturing is vitamin B12. This vitamin deficiency may contribute to black areas. White patches on face may occur not only on the head but in particular on the wrists anywhere on the flesh.
2. Tinea versicolor
Tinea versicolor/ Pityriasis versicolor is a Malassezia-caused fungal infection. The manner the kids are affected by this fungus is by generating an acid that interferes with the manufacturing of melanin within the flesh that causes a white spot on face.
Also Read: Best Weight Gain Food for Babies
How to remove white spots from face?
Here is the answer to how to remove white spot on face of a child.
- Make sure that your child doesn’t move out of the house without applying a layer of sunscreen on his/her face.
- Ensure that your child eats plenty of vegetables and fruits to protect him from a white spot on face.
- Try to make your child consume more calcium-rich foods such as milk and banana.
- Although worms do not cause a white spot on face, however, you can always ensure safety by de-worming your child.
- It is advised by pediatricians that you use non-perfume and non-dye emollients every six months. This will keep skin dryness at bay as it can be the root cause of Pityriasis Alba.
- You can use anti-fungal creams to avoid the white spots on face. The reason for this is that the small white spots on skin can also be the cause of fungal infection.
Also Read: Healthy Corn Recipes for Kids
Home remedies on how to get rid of white spot on face
1. Turmeric with mustard oil
Turmeric is well known for its antibacterial properties and it also helps in healing skin, while mustard oil helps in fighting with bacteria and fungus.
- Take some turmeric powder and mix it well in 8 liters of water and then let the solution rest overnight.
- The next morning boil the mixture nicely on simmer flame till there is only a liter left.
- After this add half a kg mustard oil.
- Heat it again till the entire water evaporates.
- Apply this mixture to your spots once in the morning and once in the evening.
- You will see a reduction in spots in a few months on the white patch face.
Basil (tulsi) juice is an excellent antifungal which kills the fungi that cause discoloration.
- You can eat the leaves raw.
- Or drink the solution every day.
Ginger is beneficial on white patches and works as the best companion to cure all diseases related to skin.
- All you need to do is to cut a slice of ginger and place it on the affected area.
- Let it sit there until the ginger dries.
- You can repeat this 1-2 times a day for a few weeks before you start seeing results for a white spot on face.
Also Read: Home Remedies for Cold and Cough
When to consult a doctor?
Any of the above factors could be a justification for the white spot on face. Although most of them are benign, they might be hazardous at moments as well. So, the easiest thing to get rid of white spots on baby face is to verify for a correct assessment with a physician for the white spot on face.
Besides, if you see any of these diseases followed by pads, ask a physician and get rid of white spots on baby face.
Severe itching, a change in spot color (generally to blue) or loss of skin sensitivity.
Also Read: Home Remedies for Constipation in Babies
What to do for a child so that his self-confidence is not affected?
Little kids don’t worry about how white spot on face appears. But their self-awareness improves as and when they grow old. This situation may affect their self-confidence. If this situation has influenced your child and if they are unable to be handled, the relatives will have to assist the child deal with white spots on kids face.
Here are a few highlights that you should remember to comfort him/her about the white spots on kids face-
- Start talking to them about the white spot on face and make sure they’re relaxed about how they look. If you feel that you can’t assist them, then make sure they’re comfortable enough to speak to you about white spot on face.
- This manner, you can figure out if someone is bullying him about the white spot on face. If necessary, you can tell the educators of your kid to get rid of any misconceptions, teach their colleagues.
- If none of these seem to operate, you can always attempt to use cosmetics to conceal the places on the body.
Several medications for a white spot on face are feasible. The sort provided relies on the condition’s seriousness. People with vitiligo should always carry sunscreen and cover up in the sun as they spread more readily the impacted skin. If needed, they can use skin creams to conceal white spot on face regions, and a doctor can suggest the most beautiful accessible creams to hide or treat the white spot on face.
To assist recover lost color, the physician may also suggest anti-inflammatory creams such as a higher intensity corticosteroid. However, long-term use of corticosteroids may cause unwanted side effects, such as skin thinning, so physicians may prescribe other kinds of anti-inflammatory creams.
Also Read: List of 16 Good Habits for Kids
Do Vitiligo and White Spot on face of child Walk Hand-in-Hand?
The answer to this question is a big NO.
Vitiligo causes a skin related disorder which leads to numerous or sometimes, one white spot on face and body, though benign, scares many relatives. The skin’s white patches are triggered by pigmentation failure. The white spot on face caused by vitiligo is autoimmune. That implies your brain is attacking its melanocytes. Melanocytes are the cells that generate melanin.
Usually, these places are seen on organic components white spot on face are subjected to sunlight but can also influence any other portion of the flesh. In children with a lighter complexion, the disease is more noticeable although it can impact children of different skin types. There is no need to care about vitiligo or white spot on face being contagious. Why does this disease fear an individual is owing to the appearance of the spots?
This was a quick discussion about the different type of white spot on face and body that your child might get. Remember that all you need to do is to be vigilant and cautious rather than getting panicked and hyper. All you need is the correct medication at the right time for white spot on face, and the problem named white spot on face can be solved within the blink of an eye.
Also Read: Importance of Sports
Wish you healthy and happy parenting!