Habits are actions which we carry out often enough without even thinking how. The actions which we learn and understandings we develop, which help us to be happy and make us healthy human beings are Healthy Habits.
These are the lifestyle changes which we make for a happy and healthy living. We should ‘Create Healthy Habits, Not Restrictions’.
Let’s learn 10 ways How to make working out Healthy Habits:
- Attach your new habit to your existing behavior or something which you are already doing, say, waking up early. You are waking up every morning, try to wake up early!
- Make your environment that dictates your habit, a positive environment always foster success. Seek positive influences from your friends and family.
- Forgive yourself if you have missed any session of your habit, do not beat yourself up for the same. Try to move ahead with the same passion and more enthusiasm.
- Commit and focus the initial days for a particular habit, any change is a bit difficult in beginning. Don’t give up, the beginning might be harder, it will get easier after that.
- List out your priorities, make your new habit your first task on your to-do list.
- Keep your habits reachable. If you want to make a habit of reading, keep books in a noticeable place and reachable which reminds you of reading.
- Do not make unrealistic goals which you know would be difficult for you to achieve instantly. If you want to go to the gym at 4 a.m. in the morning, give it a thought and start at 6 a.m. according to your capabilities.
- Do not look for perfectionism. If you have missed something, try to get back in the saddle as soon as possible. Getting back on track with new energy is most important when you fall down.
- Visualize your dreams and goals to see the results. Work out on the process to reach there. It will boost you to follow the new habit.
- Try to be consistent, honest and answerable to yourself.
If we develop healthy habits when we are young, they become good choices for the lifetime.
Healthy Self can also be read as Heal Thy Self. It is you who can heal yourself. When habits are wrong, medicine is of no use. When habits are correct, medicine is no need. A healthy body is a healthy mind and you look good when you feel good.
6 Healthy Habits that can change your Life:
- Exercise regularly
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes when you exercise. Do activities that help with muscle strength, build stamina and improve general health. Regular exercise keeps you healthy and strong. Often take deep breaths. Walking and running are healthy habits you can develop at a young age.
- Rest and sleep
Maintain a sleep schedule, it keeps us healthy, energetic and relaxed. When you sleep, you rest your body, mind, and senses. It repairs your brain and reorganizes it to make you feel calm and less stressed. After proper rest and sleep, you can concentrate better.
Keep yourself and your surroundings clean and hygienic. Look after your all body parts; nails, hair, teeth, eyes, skin. Develop a healthy habit to keep your body, home and community clean and germs free to avoid illnesses.
Good nutrition helps us to grow well and stay healthy. Avoid junk food and eat a balanced diet. Drink plenty of water each day. Drink water first thing in the morning, it helps your body work well and helps your brain think clearly.
Stay happy and comfortable by following healthy habits. Happiness brings success in life. Spread the love around yourself to make the positive environment and for the wellbeing of your family and friends.
Good safety habits are essential to keep us safe and healthy. Teach your kids how to stay safe at home, school and outside.
Our Modern Lifestyle is Spoiling Our Healthy Habits:
- Sanitizers are commonly used nowadays when in office, school or traveling. We should not overuse sanitizers as these are harmful. It also kills good bacteria along with harmful bacteria. Use it only when there is no other option. Children should use sanitizers with a lesser percentage of alcohol.
- Overuse of perfumes, deodorants, cosmetics and other artificial fragrances can cause hormonal disturbances. Use in moderation.
- Microwave Cooking should also be avoided due to unnecessary exposure to radiations. Use it only to warm food, only when necessary.
- Wet wipes are considered as lifesavers for new moms. Frequent use of dry and wet tissues can cause severe health risks. Opt to buy wet wipes that contain a minimum number of preservatives.
- With the advent of civilization, use of the western toilet is giving birth to many bowel related diseases. If you can’t sit in a natural squatting position, use stool under your feet to make 35° angle instead of 90° angle.
Healthy Habits will help you achieve Healthy Life.
Have more tips for healthy habits to add to the list? Please share with us in the comments section below.
Wish you a very Happy and Healthy Parenting!