As exams approach, the anxiety level of parents and students increase. It is necessary to beat the exam stress smoothly and boost immunity.
Nutrition plays a significant role particularly during examinations wherein a child is undergoing the stress to give his best performance.
Apart from supplying energy and boost immunity, the right diet can improve your child’s memory whereas a poor diet may leave your child exhausted and lethargic.
Here are a few tips to beat the exam stress with good nutrition:
- Always start the day with fruit.
- Ensure that your child consumes foods that are high in fiber, protein, and rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Never skip the homemade breakfast. Teach them the value of breakfast because it’s an essential part of the day which keeps them productive and alerts throughout.
- Keep them away from fried, sugar and refined laden foods since these will bring down their energy levels and make them exhausted easily.
- Avoid processed packed products such as biscuits, chips, sweetened beverages, etc. for better memory.
- Include brain foods such as flaxseeds, figs, pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, coconut in the diet.
- They can carry portable meals in their bags while going for classes such as sprouts, fruits, roasted dry fruits, or any homemade energy bars (chikki or laddoo) to snack on between lectures.
- Include green leafy vegetables, salads, and fruits of all the colors in the diet instead of munching on junk and street food.
- Using gadgets while eating interferes in the absorption of good nutrients in the body.
- Last but not the least, exercise 150 minutes per week to boost immunity and love yourself.
Immunity level decreases due to increased anxiety levels. Children might get a fever, cold, or a cough so it is important to feed them nutrients-packed-meal to keep them healthy and productive.
Here are the 3 nutritious health drinks to boost immunity level
1. Oats Apple Smoothie
Ingredients To Make Oats Apple Smoothie
|2 tbsp.||Roasted Oats|
|2 tbsp.||Plain Yoghurt|
|1 tbsp.||Roasted Nuts (almonds, cashews, raisins, pistachios)|
|For Garnishing||Soaked Chia Seeds|
Recipe To Make Oats Apple Smoothie
Blend all the above ingredients in a blender and garnish it with soaked chia seeds.
Oats Apple Smoothie is an energy booster drink providing fiber, iron, and calcium. Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids and rich in antioxidants.
2. Banana Cinnamon Smoothie
Ingredients To Make Banana Cinnamon Smoothie
|1/4th cup||Whole Milk|
|1/2 tbsp.||Almond Butter/Peanut Butter|
|1 cup||Plain Yoghurt|
|A pinch of||Cinnamon Powder|
|For Garnishing||Roasted Flaxseeds|
Recipe To Make Banana Cinnamon Smoothie
Blend all the above ingredients in a blender except flax seeds.
Serve in a smoothie glass after garnishing with the roasted flax seeds.
Banana Cinnamon Smoothie is the ideal beverage as it comprises the fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, and protein combined with cinnamon that’s a magic spice proven to boost immunity.
3. Sweet Potato Carrot Apple Juice
Ingredients To Make Sweet Potato Carrot Apple Juice
|1/2||Boiled and Mashed Sweet Potato|
|1/2||Amla (Indian Gooseberry)|
|2||Finely Chopped Carrots|
|½ tsp.||Ginger Powder|
|1/4th tsp.||Rock Salt|
|For Garnishing||Roasted Pumpkin/ Sunflower Seeds|
Recipe To Make Sweet Potato Carrot Apple Juice
Blend all the ingredients together. Add little water if required.
Strain the juice if needed or serve it with fiber.
Garnish with immunity booster sunflower/pumpkin seeds.
This immunity booster drink is loaded with vitamin A, flavonoids, and beta-carotene.
Have more nutritious health drinks recipes to boost immunity? Please share with us in the comments section.
Wish you a very Happy Parenting and Good Luck for Exams!