Teach your children the importance of Children’s Day and why is it celebrated on the birthday of Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru.
Importance of Children’s day
Why do we celebrate it on Jawaharlal Nehru’s Birthday? – Children’s day is celebrated around the world on different days. Children’s day is celebrated on the 14th day of November every year in India. This day is celebrated to increase the awareness of the education, care and other rights of children of our country. The great Indian leader, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru’s birthday is celebrated as children’s day. He was our first Prime Minister after the independence of India in 1947. And he is also known by the name of Chacha Nehru as he was loved too much by all children. He worked very hard for the education, wellness, and rights of children as well as for youngsters of India.
[Read Best Animated Movies]
Jawaharlal Nehru always had more faith in science than religion. According to him, a better society can only be built and changed through education. It is only education that can culturally improve a human being and help them to generate wealth in society. For the betterment of society, we need to educate each and every child who will be the future of our country. The teaching methodology should be practical and based on an individual’s interest. It would eradicate unemployment and poverty.
He had established national science laboratories and many educational institutions are named after him such as Jawaharlal Nehru University (or JNU) in New Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College (or JNEC) in Aurangabad, Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Technology (or JNIT), Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Arts and Science (or JNIAS) and many more.
He used to love children and roses as he believed children to be the growing buds blooming into flowers and spreading fragrance all around.
[Read Importance of Sports]
How Children’s Day is celebrated in India?
- All over India, children’s day is celebrated with fun and frolic with lots of cultural programs that also teach the importance of Children’s Day.
- Various schools, colleges, institutions, organizations, NGOs conduct various sessions and programs where they make aware people and children about their rights and make them happy by conducting different activities.
- Fancy Dress competitions can be held as per the theme and speech or debate competitions, quiz rounds, coloring, singing and dancing competitions can be conducted.
- Different sports activities and games can be organized to make children aware of their physical fitness and health along with the importance of Children’s Day.
- Media also demonstrate and publish various interesting things on the importance of Children’s day through different mediums.
- Even parents are devoted to celebrating this day for their children to make them happy by organizing an outing such as a picnic, movie or visit to a theme park, ride parks. Children are given gifts and chocolates.
- Shopping Malls bring out many events, shows, and schemes for children.
- Orphan and underprivileged children should be entertained similarly by giving them treat and gifting the things of their basic needs.
- Teachers can role-play as children and perform for children. Trust me children will be most happy to see their teachers in a childish role.
- Teach children about nature by planting a tree together and make them healthier by teaching them yoga.
- Read with them to make reading their habit and cook with them the healthy dishes by adding creativity in its colors and flavors.
How to make Children happy?
Enjoy a close relationship with children by following some positive parenting skills.
- Talk with your children instead of talking at or about your child. Share your opinions and feelings with them.
- Praise your child when he does something good and achieves well results. Describe their good behavior with appreciation.
- Take out some time for your child every day and try to get completely involved and let him know that you enjoy being with him.
- Play with your child, not with any expensive toys but with mind games and role-plays, it will bring out their imagination and creativity.
- Pay attention to your child’s feelings, be it happy or sad. Find out what is happening inside him and discuss it.
- Give freedom to explore the world as per their age so as to inculcate a feeling of independence and responsibility.
- Always try to find a solution to problems with your child to let them learn how to come out of a difficult situation. Do not provide a cooked solution and help him to think and act.
- Set an example for your child as a child follows and imitates the parents most. It is a common saying – values are caught rather than taught.
- Build self-confidence in your child so that he is not easily discouraged by his failures.
- Fulfill your promises or try to make promises which you know you can pursue. Because fake promises spoil a relationship.
- Motivate them to achieve goals and help them to find the right path for the same.
[Read 31 Fancy Dress Costume Ideas]
Wish all of you a very Happy Children’s Day!